Re: Rough first draft of Level 0

On Friday, 30 March 2012 at 10:52, Robin Berjon wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2012, at 00:01 , Scott Wilson wrote:
> > Or just publish Rich's thing as a Note and have done. Its not exactly rocket science.
>

> Standards aren't about rocket science, they're about agreement, deployment, interoperability. It doesn't matter how simple it is, we need to agree on what it looks like :)
Agreed. Without some new interested parties, this will have limited impact. It's the reason we haven't bothered to create the JSON serialisation. Note that I did put all the bits in placeā€¦ I even renamed the P&C document to "...and *XML* configuration" in anticipation a follow up "and JSON configuration" document.

> > I doubt anyone in practice would want to write a config.json file for their app, but I don't think we're dealing with practical concerns here.
> Well, we're dealing with the practical concern that we need something supported in this space and it doesn't look like config.xml is going to be massively supported any time soon.

I like bike-sheds - lets paint this one JSON :)

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au