Re: Rough first draft of Level 0

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com> wrote:
> On 3/30/12 12:01 AM, "Scott Wilson" <scott.bradley.wilson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Or just publish Rich's thing as a Note and have done. Its not exactly
>>rocket science.

For the record, did you mean:

http://people.opera.com/richt/release/specs/manifests/widgets_to_app_manifest.html
?

In which case, this is only a first draft and there are some
subtleties that would need further work. Such work may include things
such as adding symbolic links from existing properties to properties
provided in this model (e.g. inclusion of Chrome's
'app.launch.web_url' that is a symbolic mapping to the included
'launch_path' property).

It was a proof of concept exercise that would certainly need
expanding. I'd be happy to be involved in that.

> Well, unless you have vendors ready to implement it, publishing something
> a Note won't get you very far. :(

On a general note, it would be very good to have a JSON representation
for W3C Widgets. As an implementor of the W3C Widget specifications
there is certainly interest within Opera for implementing such a
manifest. Developers would ultimately benefit from having to write
only one descriptor per app. It's far too confusing the way it is
today.

Something we should start a thread on in the Native Web Apps CG, Marcos?

- Rich