Are features implemented or to be implemented? (Comments on the charter)

From: Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu <kennyluckco@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 14:17:56 +0800
To: Core Mobile Web Platform CG <public-coremob@w3.org>
Hi all,

A comment/question on the charter:

  # These are some of the indicative criteria which the CG will use to
select features to be included in the
  # Specification:
  # 1. The feature is already widely deployed,

This seems to indicate that a "feature" is something that's already
widely implemented by the browser vendors. However, this part

  # All normative content will be specified exclusively by reference to
the original standard defining the
  # feature. Additional non-normative implementation guidance may be
included.

seems to indicate that we are looking at new "features" the Core Mobile
Web Platform needs. So, are we trying to compile a handbook for new
developers so that they can use HTML5 as a platform for mobile
applications or are we trying to prioritize new features for browser
vendors? Or are we doing both and this depends on the "level" we are at?
I think this should be clarified.

I came to this mailing list after reading Brendan Eich's post entitled
"Community-Prioritized Web Standards" but I don't see the word
"prioritize" in the charter, so I am now a bit confused.

Cheers,
Kenny