Re: Ringmark is now open source

From: Emanuele Bolognesi <e.bolognesi@buongiorno.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:12:18 +0200
To: public-coremob@w3.org
On 12/apr/2012, at 12:15, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Ring 0 isn't "targeting" the default browsers of Android and iOS, it is using those as a metric of what developers have grown to expect when developing Web applications that can hope to match the ones found in app stores. It's just a convenient shortcut to reality which avoids having to spend endless cycles discussing what the metaphysical essence of a web app is, and how many angels can dance on its head.

Hi all

Probably it's a metaphysical discussion, but I don't like the idea of web apps always trying to replicate/match the features of native apps. I believe Web apps should try to offer a great service and a great UX to consumers, if this means they should have access to some native features ok, but we should not just focus on that.
Said that, I agree that Ring 0, though based on the intersection of Android and iOS, is basically what developers expect now when creating web applications.