Re: Ringmark is now open source

On Apr 5, 2012, at 00:27 , Thaddee Tyl wrote:
> Furthermore, I wonder why Ring 0 targets the default browsers of
> Android and iOS specifically? This behaviour feels like the olden days
> of IE-only. We should target features for their orthogonality, not for
> their support in browsers.

Ring 0 isn't "targeting" the default browsers of Android and iOS, it is using those as a metric of what developers have grown to expect when developing Web applications that can hope to match the ones found in app stores. It's just a convenient shortcut to reality which avoids having to spend endless cycles discussing what the metaphysical essence of a web app is, and how many angels can dance on its head.

Since it's a shortcut it doesn't need to be a brutal cut-off. But it is nevertheless useful.