Re: Update on MWC apps (with schedule questions and info about devices we will have)

From: <tomomi.imura@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:40:39 +0000
To: <ij@w3.org>, <tobie@fb.com>, <francois@joshfire.com>, <dom@w3.org>, <steren@joshfire.com>, <jccim@microsoft.com>, <obloch@microsoft.com>, <john.kneeland@nokia.com>, <kwallis@rim.com>
CC: <public-coremob-camera@w3.org>
Hi Ian,

>Dom and I also tested the current state of Tomomi's UI for the camera app
>with an android device and an iphone. Dom reported success; I had partial
>success (and was warned that indexdb is not supported). Tomomi, the photo
>I took was only "half visible" in the view that allows me to select an
>overlay. Also, I could not get back to the "home page" of the app from
>that view.

Can you send me a screenshot?
My problem is that I don't have a latest iPhone :-(
I am developing and testing:

Mobile:
- Galaxy Nexus / Android latest
   - Firefox 17 (app works)
   - Firefox Beta 18 (app works)
   - Chrome 18 (app works)
   - Chrome beta 25 (app works)
   - Opera Mobile (app fails - I have not yet looked into the problem)
- iPad 2 / iOS6
   - Safari (Photos cannot be stored in device - IndexDB not supported)
- MS Surface / Win8 RT
   - IE10 Desktop (app works)
   - IE10 Metro (works but cannot add a desc to a photo. Window.prompt()
fails)
- Lumia 920 (WP8)
   - Mobile IE10 (App does not work - Media Capture not working. need
PhoneGap.)

>We have a pretty clear list of the devices we'll be using at the booth:
>
> * Samsung TV Model Code ­ UE46D6530WKXXU
> * Laptop running linux
> * 1 iPhone
> * 1 iPad 2
> * 1 Lumia phone
>
>In addition, we hope to have (not yet confirmed):
>
> * A Surface table and possibly other devices [still need definitive
>confirmation]
> * BlackBerry 10 [still need definitive confirmation]

So no Samsung phone or any Android running devices?
The app works the best on Firefox beta and Chrome beta :-(
BB10 may possibly beat them but I have not yet testedŠ

>I also have some scheduling information:
>
> * Due to Dom's schedule, we need to test the ensemble of apps and server
>between 11-15 February.
>
>I would love to hear updates from others, especially with time estimates
>of when there will be a working app that Dom can integrate and test.

And Dom,
Let me know what I need to do to upload photo to the server.
Or clone the latest and send pull req!

Thank you!
tomomi