Re: Project status

Moving everyone to Bcc. Now's your last chance to subscribe to the mailing
list. :)

On 12/1/12 10:13 PM, "tomomi.imura@nokia.com" <tomomi.imura@nokia.com>
wrote:

>My concern on UI is performance.
>The app is already pretty sluggish because the canvas is pretty slow on
>mobile, so I want to avoid anything else to slow the app down.

Absolutely. Performance trumps everything else.

>Fancy UI is awesome, but it has to be awesome & render quick on mobile. I
>used a Web Font (Google Font) for the prototype app but it seems to be
>pretty slow.

Yeah, let's stay away from extra fonts for now.

>Also, I have not so far set up any media-queries and responsive images aka
>high-res images for Retina.
>I am not all against the ideas behind it, but we should minimize
>downloading unnecessary large files.

We should have a minimum set of assets anyway (maybe 3-4 icons total).
This is a very small app.

>And, I always have to argue about using animation for mobile - I have seen
>some "Responsive Web Design" sites that animates the layout while the
>window size/orientation changes. I personally think it just impresses the
>developers, but not users.

We're designing for full-screen use, so these use cases should't be a
concern.

>I strongly believe that animation should be used only when it improves the
>UX of the app.

Yup.

>By the way, speaking of MWC, I just found that W3Conf will be held in San
>Francisco, a week before MWC.
>I thought it would be a good opportunity to talk about CoreMob and this
>project, so I just told Doug Schepers about this yesterday.

Good point. Thanks for looking into it.

--tobie