Re: Project status

On 12/1/12 11:55 AM, "john.kneeland@nokia.com" <john.kneeland@nokia.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>For those of you who don't know me, I'm John Kneeland from Nokia's
>developer relations team in Sunnyvale, where I work with Tomomi to help
>bring awesome new things to life (such as Coremob Camera). Nice to meet
>you all!

For the record, John initiated this project. I just ran off with it.

>Tobie, the site looks good so far. I really like the watercolor-style
>illustrations,

Thanks. The watercolors are done with Paper[1], by FiftyThree. I've
sketched some ideas so each posts we've planned will have its own
illustration.

>although we will need something different for the app icon...I look
>forward to going through a million ideas for the icon and UI design to
>find the perfect one... :)

With regards to the app's icon and design, I think Adobe volunteered to
help with this. My only concern is that:

1) it stays platform agnostic (I don't want an iPhone-app-like look and
feel),
2) it uses standards Coremob is promoting, not more advanced stuff
(ideally showcasing flex-box),
3) it respects the specs we've agreed on in terms of UX,
4) someone actually does it, and
5) it's awesome.

Might be cool to have a post about the design, now that I think about it.
And also about all of the touch stuff. Mmm. Let's see who volunteers for
what. We can always post stuff during or after MWC or publish more than a
post a week if necessary.

Have a great week-end,

--tobie

---