Re: Test does not check top position of link or mechanism

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:36 AM, <noreply@w3.org> wrote:

> Name: Detlev Fischer
> Email: fischer@dias.de
> Affiliation: DIAS GmbH
> Document: TD
> Item Number: G191
> Part of Item: Tests
> Comment Type: technical
> Summary of Issue: Test does not check top position of link or mechanism
> The example of technique G191 makes it clear that the link or mechanism to
> load a non-blining version of the page should be at the top of the pager:
>
> "A link at the very top of the page reloads the page with the blinking text
> replaced with text that is styled to be highly visible but does not blink"
>
> Proposed Change:
> Include a check that the mechnism is located at the top of the page -
> placed elsewhere, it is not helpful. Instead of
> "1. Check that there is a mechanism to reload page to turn off blinking."
>
> change to:
>
> "1. Check that there is a mechanism at the top of the page to reload page
> to turn off blinking.

This technique does not require that the control be at the top of the page.
This is simply good practice so we included it in both of the techniques to
encourage it. However since it is not required for the technique, it is in
neither the description nor the test.