RE: Timed Events SC For Review

From: lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:56:25 +0300
To: Michael Pluke <Mike.Pluke@castle-consult.com>
Cc: "Thad C" <inclusivethinking@gmail.com>, "public-cognitive-a11y-tf" <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Thanks Mike, really good feedbackHow about

1.    -as the default, or
2.    -via a standardized system setting (for example, the user can choose an option that disables the storage of data) or
3.    -via an option to set a user preference that is  available from each stage of the task.@@

---- On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:51:17 +0300 Michael Pluke&lt;Mike.Pluke@castle-consult.com&gt; wrote ----

    Hi

 There is just one part that doesn’t seem to read correctly to me. This is:

 @@No loss of data: The user can easily return to the same point in a task, without data loss, for a period of at least a week:
  1.    -as the default
  2.    -via a standardized system setting (for example, the user can choose an option that disables the storage of data)
  3.    -option to set a user preference that has a conformant interface and is directly available at each stage of the task.@@

 I think my problem is in understanding how the part before the colon links to the three bulleted items that follow. Normally I would expect that I could take the first part and then add either of the bulleted items and make a coherent sentence – but I can’t.

 The “as the default” makes total sense – by default I can always come back to the same point in the task and all my entered data will still be there.

 The “via standardized …” is a little less clear. I can see that there might be a setting that says, by default, I can come back without data loss but that I could set that setting to say that I don’t want data stored – which would prevent me from coming back in a week and having the data I entered still there. However, if I chose configure things this way then the “without data loss” does NOT apply.

 I am lost on the third option – don’t understand it at all.

 Best regards

 Mike