RE: Timed Events SC For Review

From: Michael Pluke <Mike.Pluke@castle-consult.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:51:17 +0000
To: lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>, Thad C <inclusivethinking@gmail.com>, public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Hi

There is just one part that doesn't seem to read correctly to me. This is:

@@No loss of data: The user can easily return to the same point in a task, without data loss, for a period of at least a week:
1.    -as the default
2.    -via a standardized system setting (for example, the user can choose an option that disables the storage of data)
3.    -option to set a user preference that has a conformant interface and is directly available at each stage of the task.@@

I think my problem is in understanding how the part before the colon links to the three bulleted items that follow. Normally I would expect that I could take the first part and then add either of the bulleted items and make a coherent sentence - but I can't.

The "as the default" makes total sense - by default I can always come back to the same point in the task and all my entered data will still be there.

The "via standardized ..." is a little less clear. I can see that there might be a setting that says, by default, I can come back without data loss but that I could set that setting to say that I don't want data stored - which would prevent me from coming back in a week and having the data I entered still there. However, if I chose configure things this way then the "without data loss" does NOT apply.

I am lost on the third option - don't understand it at all.

Best regards

Mike