Level 1 (was: XML Prague paper on CT for OpenDocument)

From: Innovimax W3C <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 21:07:06 +0100
To: Robin LaFontaine <robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com>
Cc: "public-change@w3.org" <public-change@w3.org>
Dear all,

There is an interesting split proposed in this paper with Levels

It seems Level 1 is the minimum necessary to express Change Tracking

It might not be efficient but it is sufficient to express all kind of
difference between 2 documents

== Level 1 ==

 Change Transaction (CT) Structure

 Changes to Attributes

   The change transaction (CT) ID. This is a reference to the ID.

   The type of change: insert, remove, modify

   The name of the attribute that is changed

   The old value of the attribute  this is not needed for an added
   attribute because the value will either be in the element or, if the
   attribute is later deleted it will be recorded there.

   Changes to Elements

     Element insertion

     Element deletion

 Changes to Text

  Simple text insertion

Text insertion that flows into a new paragraph

Simple text deletion

Mixed content deletion

 See the wiki page for further discussion

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Robin LaFontaine <
robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com> wrote:

>  As promised here is the paper about the work done for OpenDocument
> change tracking. It is an introduction not a specification - I will get the
> spec also sent to the group as soon as we can get it into a suitable form.
> Thanks to Mohamed for permission to extract this from the XML Prague
> proceedings and send to this group. We had a number of interesting
> questions and tweets about this which we will also write up for this
> group.
> Robin
> --
> -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Robin La Fontaine, Director, DeltaXML Ltd  "Experts in information change"
> T: +44 1684 592 144  E: robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com      http://www.deltaxml.com
> Registered in England 02528681 Reg. Office: Monsell House, WR8 0QN, UK

Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development
9, impasse des Orteaux
75020 Paris