Terminology (Was: XML Prague paper on CT for OpenDocument)

From: Innovimax W3C <innovimax+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 20:53:40 +0100
To: Robin LaFontaine <robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com>
Cc: "public-change@w3.org" <public-change@w3.org>
Dear all,

In the paper sent in this thread,

There is a terminology point

This leads to a refinement of the term 'change tracking' to two variants:

'Edit tracking' is the ability to record edits made in an editing
application in order that they can be viewed, accepted or rejected at a
later date.

'Revision tracking' is the ability to record changes to a document such
that these changes can be displayed in a document viewer, and the document
rolled back to a previous version.

 I think we should discuss if we can agree on this and if we need to
enhance that

I've put that on the wiki

Best regards,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Robin LaFontaine <
robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com> wrote:

>  As promised here is the paper about the work done for OpenDocument
> change tracking. It is an introduction not a specification - I will get the
> spec also sent to the group as soon as we can get it into a suitable form.
> Thanks to Mohamed for permission to extract this from the XML Prague
> proceedings and send to this group. We had a number of interesting
> questions and tweets about this which we will also write up for this
> group.
> Robin
> --
> -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Robin La Fontaine, Director, DeltaXML Ltd  "Experts in information change"
> T: +44 1684 592 144  E: robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com      http://www.deltaxml.com
> Registered in England 02528681 Reg. Office: Monsell House, WR8 0QN, UK

Innovimax SARL
Consulting, Training & XML Development
9, impasse des Orteaux
75020 Paris