Re: adding type attribute to Canvas HTML DOM interface

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 22:37:40 +0000
To: paniz alipour <alipourpaniz@gmail.com>
Cc: Frank Olivier <Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com>, Canvas <public-canvas-api@w3.org>, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>, Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, "david.bolter@gmail.com" <david.bolter@gmail.com>
On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 7:17 PM, paniz alipour <alipourpaniz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that ,but I said most of the developers are not familiar with
> aria,so?!

@title is a core HTML attribute.

Anyway, what "most developers" are you talking about, and what is so
special about your proposed @type attribute that means this group of
developers you're talking about would learn about that @type
attribute, when they won't learn about those @aria attributes? What is
the differing mechanism of communication in the two cases?

I do think developers are less likely to learn about features that
effect users in ways that aren't immediately obvious. Your proposed
@type suffers from this problem even worse than @aria-label does,
since it's a less general solution.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis