Re: adding type attribute to Canvas HTML DOM interface

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 12:09:32 -0800
To: public-canvas-api@w3.org
At this point, it's my belief that an author writing a Canvas UI without
ARIA has not completed the task.
It may appear on screen correctly, but it's otherwise an incomplete product.

Canvas requires ARIA to function as a first-class UI API.
Without ARIA, it's limited to simple cases, such as <video> filtering,
as demonstrated by several vendors.

-Charles