Re: ACTION-893: Start putting together a set of guidelines that could help address the security issues triggered by links rewriting.

Tom Hume wrote:

> Which legal advice are you referring to here Luca? If it's the one
> that Jo originally posted, and that you and I debated on wapreview.com
> then, then this advice wasn't sought in connection with HTTPS but with
> transformation in general. You may choose to infer a link between the
> two, but we should probably leave such inferences for someone legally
> qualified.
true. I am inferring. Rigo thinks that no-transform and robots.txt are
an effective ways to protect different aspects of one's content. In
W3C's view, those who don't respect those mechanisms are infringing on
the rights of the content owner.  How can breaking HTTPS be permissible
without content owner consent in W3C's view?

> However, if there's concern re a legal issue here (and the manual
> whitelisting of banking sites by some operators to prevent transcoding
> would seem to indicate that there are concerns), then could I suggest
> we do get a legal opinion on it?
good idea.

Luca