Re: Requesting BPs for canvas api.

From: Jeff Sonstein <jeffs@it.rit.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 05:37:08 -0500
To: public-bpwg@w3.org
On Feb 18, 2009, at 5:09 AM, Adam wrote:

> no mention of or best-practices for the use of Canvas element in
> HTML5.

I found this tutorial to be useful:

   https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Canvas_tutorial

I think of the canvas element like a graphically-oriented div...
a blank slate into which I can draw thingies
like I can put typographical thingies into a div

> I will have a play with canvas and get a feel for it

IMHO that is the only way to make sense of it

> but I have never actually used it in anger

<grin/>

jeffs

--
"If we knew what we were doing,
  it wouldn't be called research, would it?"

Prof. Jeff Sonstein

http://www.it.rit.edu/~jxs/
http://ariadne.iz.net/~jeffs/
http://chw.rit.edu/blog/