W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > December 2008

[minutes] Thursday December 11

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:31:49 +0000
To: public-bpwg@w3.org
Message-Id: <1229009509.8090.79.camel@altocumulustier>

Hi,

The minutes of the BPWG teleconf held today are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2008/12/11-bpwg-minutes.html

and copied as text below.

Dom


        Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

11 Dec 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Dec/0010.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/12/11-bpwg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          DKA, Adam, Sangwhan_Moon, Bryan_Sullivan

   Regrets
          Jo, Jeff, Alan, Manrique, Abel, Kai, Yeliz, Ignacio, Dom,
          Rob, Miguel

   Chair
          DKA

   Scribe
          Dan

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Mobile Web Application Best Practices
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <trackbot> Date: 11 December 2008

   caja

   <Adam>
   [7]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED
   -mobile-bp2-20081210

      [7] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20081210

   <scribe> Scribe: Dan

   <scribe> ScribeNick: DKA

Mobile Web Application Best Practices

   DKA: We are trying to put together a public draft before the 18th.

   Adam: As the doc stands, I've got ed notes where I have work to do.
   ... I'll send out a new draft on Monday. That will be the draft
   where we say "please read this so we can take a resolution on
   Thursday."
   ... a couple of open questions.
   ... in Section 1.3, we discussed adding an extra section that calls
   out device device capabilities/information that you need.
   ... Dan you suggested a preamble. Someone else suggested 3.1.6...
   ... to recap, we have a section that says what the scope is, that
   these BPs rely on some knowledge of the device...

   Brian: Overall at this high level, the goal is to make clear what
   delivery context is.
   ... to introduce the knowledge of delivery context.

   Dan: Yes and then the specific data points (knowledge you need to
   have) could be put into an appendix.

   Adam: OK.

   ack

   Adam: Not sure whether we came to a conclusion on section 3.6.1 and
   3.6.2 -
   ... Dan you raised a concern that recommending server-side
   capability detection could be controversial.
   ... differentiating between capabilities and properties...

   Bryan: it's really properties in both cases...
   ... would like to hear more from Dan about server-side capability
   detection.

   Dan: Don't think it's an issue.

   Adam: would be good to pin down wording.
   ... I think you've got 2 BPs ... need to be aligned...

   Bryan: It's the device that knows its current state primarily. There
   are unspecified means to get device state from the network. The most
   we can say is that on the network side you can collect information
   about the device's static capabilities.

   Adam: As opposed to dynamic capabilities - information about dynamic
   state.

   Bryan: In a year or 2 when DDrs are widely available and include
   dynamic info as well then people can begin to [use this
   information...]

   Dan: Any other issues?

   Adam: SVG best practices?
   ... I transcribed what Abel proposed - Abel's proposals seem to have
   a lot of overlap with general BPs. I've eliminated some of these
   from Abel's draft.
   ... it's come down to 3 BPs. I don't know enough about SVG to feel
   strongly about them. We need to iterate a bit more on these.

   Dan: I can raise that as an issue on the next hypertext coordination
   working group call.

   Adam: The rest is just extra editorial changes I haven't yet done -
   so open to feedback.

   Bryan: in general the latest draft looks good - we're close to a
   last call.
   ... in general we might want to expand where you have telephone
   numbers clickable you might want to expand that to commonly used
   interaction mechanisms (e.g. email addresses, etc...)

   Adam: Makes sense...

   Dan: Although telephone numbers are specific to the mobile context
   due to people using the mobile web on phones...

   <Sangwhan_Moon> WTAI?

   Bryan: If we wanted to say anything more generically we could say to
   make addresses actionable.
   ... wrt WTAI, yes in general we can say that standardized URI
   schemes like WTAI could be used...

   <Sangwhan_Moon> Okay, understood.

   Dan: Yes but I think we should have a separate BP about use of tel:
   ... Suggest adding an editorial note.

   Adam: cool.
   ... there is a new section on terminology - take a look at that
   (1.5) and see if you agree with the wording there.

   Ok - suggest we close the call then.

   Dan: We need to celebrate our success as well with the publication
   of MobileOK as a Rec. !!

   All: YAY!

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 11 December 2008 15:32:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:42:59 UTC