From: Nicolas Combelles [mailto:nicolas.combelles@apocope.com]
Sent: 09 August 2005 09:40
To: public-bpwg@w3.org
Subject: RE: Best Practices document - not best practices

> what are the chances for creating a new 'mobile protocol' so instead of having the 'http://' suffix we can use 'mob://'  ?

I would say ... none .. :oD. Simply because a protocol as a meaning and is used by browser to use the correct protocol. That's not something you can or should customize.

The mobile version of the http protocole used on is wstp (or something like that) and is translated by telcos gateways to http for wap1 handset that doesn't handle http directly.
So anyway, users always use http URLs.

People having better knowledge of protocols might give you a better answer, but I think you got my point.

It is funny how this topic "Best Practices document - not best practices" is hard to kill. I created a new one specially for URL and access issue .. remember ?

Cheers,
Nicolas Combelles
Apocope

  _____