RE: Best Practices document - not best practices

> what are the chances for creating a new 'mobile protocol' so instead of
having the 'http://' suffix we can use 'mob://'  ?

I would say ... none .. :oD. Simply because a protocol as a meaning and is
used by browser to use the correct protocol. That's not something you can or
should customize.

The mobile version of the http protocole used on is wstp (or something like
that) and is translated by telcos gateways to http for wap1 handset that
doesn't handle http directly.
So anyway, users always use http URLs.

People having better knowledge of protocols might give you a better answer,
but I think you got my point.

It is funny how this topic "Best Practices document - not best practices" is
hard to kill. I created a new one specially for URL and access issue ..
remember ?

Cheers,
Nicolas Combelles
Apocope