LC-2013: HTTP-Equiv directives

From: Sean Patterson <SPatterson@Novarra.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 16:01:17 -0500
To: "public-bpwg-ct" <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>
Comment:

On section 4.3.6 it is mentioned the possibility of also checking the
existence of meta HTTP-Equiv directives on the HTML response in addition
to standard HTTP headers. However, this should be explicitly clarified
and if so should apply to any server-generated header.

Proposed Amendment:

Clarify explictly if proxies should check standard HTTP headers or meta
HTTP-Equiv headers or both.

Best Regards

Proposed Response:

OK.  Maybe the easiest thing would be to just mention up front in the
document that headers specified in meta HTTP-Equiv elements apply
whenever a response HTTP header from the content server is mentioned,
unless stated otherwise.  (Are there any cases where we wouldn't want
headers in meta HTTP-Equiv elements to apply?  I can't think of any.)

Sean