Re: Feb 2011 AWWSW status report - F2F prep reading

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:04 PM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> You need to introduce "S" earlier, where you introduce "R".  Something
> like: "R contains a description of literary work, S".  At present, the
> first mention of S is when Bob says "No he didn't, he said it applied to
> S".

I did that intentionally, to encourage readers to sympathizing with
Alice. Since S is described where it's introduced, I don't think this
is confusing. Good suggestion but I think I won't take it... maybe I
can bring out the surprise element somehow though.

> Also, "u:u" is using a the Turtle shorthand to refer to the URI.  For
> non-RDF folks I think it may be clearer to just spell out an example
> URI, such as http://example/u , and use that in the example Turtle also:
>
>  <http://example/u> xhtml:license
>    <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/>

I considered this. Actually u:u is meant to be a dereferenceable URI,
with scheme u, not a qname. In an earlier version I explained this but
took the explanation out for brevity, probably a mistake. (In an even
earlier version I used a metavariable U, which is better in some ways
and worse in others.) Using example.com just seemed too long - there
are 14 occurrences. Using a TLD does make it a bit shorter, so that's
good. (Then you don't even need the 'u'.) I'll give it a try and look
it over to see how it reads.

Thanks for the close read.
Jonathan