Re: DynamicsCompressorNode implementation.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Anthony Bowyer-Lowe <anthony@lowbroweye.com
> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> It seems that the current WebKit implementation of DynamicsCompressorNode
> does not implement the *attack* and *release* parameters
> (Chrome 19.0.1068.1 dev on OS X). Is this right?

Hi Anthony, under the hood they are implemented, but not yet exposed as
attributes.  There's a patch underway to expose them (hopefully landing
soon).

> (Don't rush that feature through on my behalf, though. I can work around
> it.)
>
> Additionally, given that some tutorials (like the recent one at HTML5
> Rocks [1]) suggest simply instantiating and using the
> DynamicsCompressorNode without modification, would it be worthwhile
> documenting it's default settings?

Yes, definitely.  I intend on expanding that part of the spec to explain
the default settings and provide a little more background.