Re: Adding MIDI APIs to Audio WG Charter (was: MIDI enumeration (was: Re: getUserMedia use cases))

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:08:33 -0800
To: "Tom White (MMA)" <lists@midi.org>
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, public-audio@w3.org, Dom Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com
I think it's part of Quicktime, but I think it may be part of an OLD
Quicktime release.  I have QT 10 on two Macs (one Snow Leopard, one Lion),
both with GarageBand and iTunes installed; when I tried to play a .MID in
QT, it had to go download QT _7_ in order to play.  Neither of them appears
to have installed a virtual MIDI device, though I don't have a ton of
experience with MIDI devices on Mac, so I may be misspeaking there.

GarageBand appears to directly handle their software instruments.

Re: Microsoft GS Synthesizer - Right!  Now I remember that.  Advantage:
Windows.  :)