Re: UC 7 - Audio / Music Visualization

Great point. Updated to include some examples:

=== UC 7: Audio / Music Visualization ===

A user is playing back audio or video media from the webpage of their
favorite artist or a popular online music streaming service. The
visualization responds to the audio in real-time and can be enjoyed by the
user(s) in a leisurely setting such as: at home, a bar/restaurant/lobby, or
traveling with an HTML5 capable mobile device. The visualization layers can
be written using complimentary web technologies such as the WebGL Canvas,
where 3D objects are synchronized with the audio and mixed with Video and
other web content using JavaScript.

The webpage can presents a graphic visualization layers such as:

* Wave-form view of the audio data - such as on SoundCloud:
http://soundcloud.com/skrillex
* Spectrum analysis or level-meter view - like in iTunes:
http://apptree.net/ledsa.htm
* Abstract music visualizer - example, R4 for Winamp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en3g-BiTZT0
* An HTML5 Music Video - such as Mr Doob's Ro.me: http://www.ro.me/

The user can control elements of the visualization using an interface
provided by the webpage developer. The user can change the colors, shapes
and tweak other visualization settings to their taste. The user may switch
to a new visualization modes: changing from a spectrum-analysis view, to an
abstract 2D or 3D visual view, a video overlay, or a mash-up of web-content
that could include all of the above.

The webpage provides the user with the ability to control the buffer size
of the underlying Audio API: this allows users with slower machines to pick
a larger buffer setting that does not cause clicks and pops in the audio
stream.

--
Alistair MacDonald
SignedOn, Inc - W3C Audio WG