Re: New draft WG charter

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 20:26:30 -0400
To: olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
CC: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
Hi, Olivier–

On 5/30/12 5:25 PM, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As we were beginning our teleconference call today, Doug shared a
> first pass at our new draft charter:
> http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/charter/2012/charter-proposed.html

I've now updated this.

> Please have a read and comment/suggest in the next few days.
>
> A few things we noted on the call:
>
> * It is no longer necessary to mention the incubator (since we are
>   re-chartering the existing WG)

Removed, and replaced with text about the two different specs and their
relationship.

> * The scope section should mention the goals of the MIDI work

Added.

> * The deliverables list should include the use cases and
> requirements doc

Added.

> * The expected milestones for the web audio API should be, per our
> latest discussions:
> 	FPWD: Dec 2011
> 	LC: Q4 2012
> 	CR: Q2 2013
> 	PR: Q4 2013
> 	REC: Q4 2013

Fixed.

>   (which I guess changes the end date of the new charter?)

No, we typically recharter for 2 years at a time... so, the new end date
will be 2 years after this charter is approved (which may take a month
or so).

I've also included a few other small changes, including links to the old
charter, and to the timelines on our wiki (which I took the liberty of
creating).

Regards-
-Doug