Re: New draft WG charter

From: olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:18:50 +0100
Cc: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
Doug,

On 1 Jun 2012, at 01:26, Doug Schepers wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/charter/2012/charter-proposed.html
>
> I've now updated this.

This latest revision looks good. May I suggest adding a very short sentence about MIDI to the intro/mission paragraph, too?

Suggested rewrite:
 The mission of the Audio Working Group, part of the Rich Web Client Activity, is to add advanced sound and music capabilities to the Open Web Platform.

Building upon and expanding the basic functionalities brought by the <audio> and <video> media elements in HTML5, the Audio Working Group will define client-side script APIs which will support the features required by rich interactive applications including the ability to process and synthesize audio streams directly in script, as well as giving access to musical instruments through a bridge with existing system-level MIDI APIs.

I note that it names the MIDI spec "MIDI Device Communication API", which I like.
Would like to hear thoughts from the group (and especially Chris and Jussi) on this naming.

Olivier