Minutes of Audio WG Teleconference, 2012-05-30

From: olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 21:57:39 +0100
To: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of this week's teleconference are now online:
http://www.w3.org/2012/05/30-audio-minutes.html

Topics:
  Overview of Opera issues (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2012AprJun/0360.html)
  ISSUE-24 CircularRouting

After a round-the-table intro (this was the first teleconference for Opera's Marcus and Philip), we had a quick overview of the many issues raised recently on the Web Audio API, then we focused on the tricky ISSUE-24 (Circular routing).

We started on the basis that a circular graph was OK so long as there was a delay (through the presence of a DelayNode - there was also talk of the JavaScriptNode filling that role, too). The participants also rapidly agreed on the fact that the API would output silence if the delay was missing or under a defined minimum. We then talked for the rest of the hour about the whether/how/how much of that minimum delay, and agreed on 128 samples as a reasonable value.

Resolution: it is OK to have a circular graph so long as there is a delay. The minimum delay should be 128 samples.

--
Olivier