Re: Web Audio API spec review

From: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 01:33:27 +0300
To: robert@ocallahan.org
CC: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, public-audio@w3.org
On 05/16/2012 01:26 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> One thing that is going to be really important when addressing this feedback is understanding the existing compatibility constraints. As I said in an
> earlier email, if Webkit is unwilling to take a change, due to compatibility concerns, then we probably don't want to take that change in the spec either.

What compatibility concerns? We're talking about an early draft of a spec, which is even implemented prefixed.
Changing the spec sure should be possible.

(I wish WebAudioAPI and MSP could be merged, since we really need some parts of MSP to be able
handle streams effectively and as glitch-free as possible. )

-Olli