MediaSource Extensions & MediaStream Processing API?

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:51:01 +0900
To: public-audio@w3.org
I see the abstract of Aaron Colwell's MediaSource Extensions proposal says:
  This proposal extends HTMLMediaElement to allow JavaScript to generate
  media streams for playback. Allowing JavaScript to generate streams
  facilitates a variety of use cases like adaptive streaming and time
  shifting live streams.

It seems like it's intended for some of the same use cases as the
MediaStream Processing API -

So maybe this is another area where we should be working together on trying
to converge on a common proposal?

Michael[tm] Smith