MediaSource Extensions & MediaStream Processing API?

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:51:01 +0900
To: public-audio@w3.org
I see the abstract of Aaron Colwell's MediaSource Extensions proposal says:

  This proposal extends HTMLMediaElement to allow JavaScript to generate
  media streams for playback. Allowing JavaScript to generate streams
  facilitates a variety of use cases like adaptive streaming and time
  shifting live streams.
  http://html5-mediasource-api.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/draft-spec/mediasource-draft-spec.html

It seems like it's intended for some of the same use cases as the
MediaStream Processing API -

  http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/drafts/1WD/MediaStream/

So maybe this is another area where we should be working together on trying
to converge on a common proposal?

  --Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith