Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 id and xml:id

Le 06-10-06 à 08:15, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:
>>
>> Is there any reasons for not using xml:id
>
> No, no reason; xml:id may be used if the author desires. xml:id is
> completely orthogonal to XBL, and is defined in another specification.
>
>> and if any what's happening when both attributes are present in
>> the XBL
>> XML fragment?
>
> Nothing exciting; the processing rules of XBL and xml:id do not, to my
> knowledge, in any way conflict.

<xbl xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/xbl">
  <binding id="nav-then-main" xml:id="foo">
   <template xml:id="nav-then-main">
   </template>
   <resources>
     #wrapper { display: table-row; }
     #col1, #col2 { display: table-cell; }
   </resources>
  </binding>
</xbl>

authorized?
Is "xml:id" attribute forbidden on xbl elements?

>> Please, mention it in XBL specification.
>
> Why? Do you think the xml:id specification would mention XBL?

No.  Unrelated to the issue.

> The two
> specifications are completely orthogonal and there does not seem to
> be any
> good reason for them to unnecessarily cross-reference each other.

XBL is using XML namespaces and XML specifications. It mentionned them.
xml:base is mentionned too.

>> Please, make it reviewed by XML Core WG.
>
> I have sent a request:
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Oct/
> 0004.html

Thanks.

> Please let me know if this does not satisfy your comment.

Is "xml:id" attribute forbidden on xbl elements?
If not, why not using it, more than defining id?

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***