Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 id and xml:id

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 23:15:52 +0000 (UTC)
To: karl@w3.org
Cc: public-appformats@w3.org

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:

> Is there any reasons for not using xml:id

No, no reason; xml:id may be used if the author desires. xml:id is
completely orthogonal to XBL, and is defined in another specification.

> and if any what's happening when both attributes are present in the XBL
> XML fragment?

Nothing exciting; the processing rules of XBL and xml:id do not, to my
knowledge, in any way conflict.

> Please, mention it in XBL specification.

Why? Do you think the xml:id specification would mention XBL? The two
specifications are completely orthogonal and there does not seem to be any
good reason for them to unnecessarily cross-reference each other.

> Please, make it reviewed by XML Core WG.

I have sent a request:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Oct/0004.html

Please let me know if this does not satisfy your comment.

Cheers,