RE: Welcome to the Accessible Online Learning Community Group

Hi all,

My name is José R. Hilera and I am a lecturer and researcher at University of Alcalá, in the city of Alcala de Henares in Spain (30 km from Madrid). This city and its university are UNESCO World Heritage places, and the birth place of Miguel de Cervantes, author of Don Quixote.

I am teaching e-accessibility subjects in this university since 1999.

For the last 3 years I have been coordinating an international project about the improvement of the accessibility of online learning in Latin America, entitled ESVI-AL<http://esvial.net/>. In this paper we describe the results of the project, that are freely available (Courses, books, reports, etc.):

TOWARDS ACCESSIBLE E-LEARNING USING ESVI-AL PROJECT RESULTS<https://www.dropbox.com/s/02g4b8fqddupmu3/paperESVIAL_esociety2015.pdf?dl=0>

Unfortunately, the majority of the results are developed in Spanish, but three books and one online course will be available in English this month in the project web page<http://esvial.net/>:

-          Book: Guide for creating accessible digital content: Documents, presentations, videos, audios, and web pages (now available<http://www.esvial.org/libros>)

-          Book: Methodological guide for creating accessible online courses

-          Book: Best practices for implementation and accreditation of accessibility and quality of online courses.

-          Online Course: Creating Accessible Digital Educational Contents

Related with accessible online learning, I collaborated with the  Spanish Association for Standardisation and Certification (AENOR, Spanish member of ISO), developing the Spanish standard "UNE 66181-2012 Quality of virtual education", published in 2012, that includes the accessibility as a quality indicator of online courses, with a scale of 5 levels of accessibility for online courses.

Regards

José Ramón Hilera González
Department of Computer Science
University of Alcalá
28871 Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) - Spain
Phone: (+34) 918856651  Fax: (+34) 918856646
E-mail: jose.hilera@uah.es<mailto:jose.hilera@uah.es>
Web: http://twitter.com/accesibilidad_w