Re: Alternative Roots Issue

Azucena,

_Thank_you_ for the words expressing your perspective on the issue.
I think I better understand where our perspectives are at odds.

I agree we can't react to any and all press/public interpretations
of what we say & do. However, as it was presented to me, the specific
material issue is that Weinberg is filing for a reconsideration, and
_ICANN_ (in the shape of Louis Touton) is confused about our
position and expects our statement to support the reconsideration
claim.  It's one thing that the press gets confused; I think we've
agreed we're here to support ICANN.

To refine my earlier suggestion, Louis Touton/ICANN could use a
clarification from us, and a statement to Weinberg (not the press
publisher) would not be remiss.

That is, IF we agree on a tightened version, but from Fabio's last
posting, it's not at all clear to me that we do.

Best,
Leslie.
	.