Re: Alternative Roots Issue

Dear Leslie, dear PSO PC colleagues,

I personally do not give importance to the interpretation from the various
readers of the words which appear in documents and even less if they are
done by journalists and appear in the press. The press plays with the words
in the direction where they think could satisfy more readers. If we were
going to respond to everything which is published, then we would not make
any other work.

A couple of weeks ago, a long article about ICANN appeared in the Spanish
"technical" press and said something like this: "the Board of ICANN has 18
members, 5 of them are really representative and deserve to be there  (the
At Large) while all the others, including the Chairman, will be soon removed
as they have been elected in a hidden manner by  minority groups that nobody
knows". My first reaction was to write to the director of the magazine and
to tell him that he had an idiot working for him and to ask for a clear
clarification. Then I calmed down and decided to spend my time solving
problems for my company and for ETSI.

Coming back to the issue that worries you, I thought that my proposal to
make a single and definitive reply to Stuart Lynn including the RFC 2826
whose content is clear, would remove your concerns and cover your proposals
made on Friday.

I do not think that we need to explain what "we do not mean" but to find the
right wording for saying "what we mean".

Anyhow, please add or remove words from the statement and we all will
express our view.
Kind regards,
Azucena