Re: Draft Letter to Stuart Lynn

Gerry,

thanks for drafting this letter !

Personnally, I'm not sure I share the disappointement about ICANN
staff not attending. To me, it felt like ICANN was well represented
with two members of the board of directors, Hans Kraaijenbrink and
Helmut Schink. Their presentation gave a good overview over the
status of ICANN.  I'm not sure what additional value attendance of
ICANN staff would have added to the meeting, especially since afaik
their tasks are mostly adminstrative (I may be wrong on that account).

-Philipp

Gerry Lawrence a écrit :

> Do we all agree to send the following letter to the ICANN CEO?
>
> Letter follows:

> Dear Mr Lynn,
>
> As you know, the ICANN PSO held its Second Annual General Meeting on the 11th
> July at the ETSI Headquarters in the South of France.  It was well attended,
> with all four of the PSO member organisations being represented, and two
> European based members of the ICANN Board also present (Mr Hans Kraaijenbrink
> and Mr Helmut Schink).  The number of attendees was slightly up on last year, at
> a total of 60.  A report of the meeting will appear shortly on the PSO website,
> where you will already find copies of all the presentations given.
>
> What was disappointing was that no member of the ICANN staff attended.  Last
> year, in Pittsburgh, we had Mr Louis Touton in attendance, and we believe it
> sends the wrong signal to the rest of the world if ICANN staff are only going to
> attend the PSO GA if it is held in America.  We are obliged by our MOU to hold
> our GA, not in conjunction with an ICANN meeting, but hosted by an SDO in
> conjunction with one of its own major meetings.
>
> The date of this year's GA was known well in advance and our secretary made
> several attempts to get an ICANN staff member to attend.  She also booked an
> audioconference bridge in case someone could attend by telephone, but none of
> your staff responded positively to this.
>
> The members of the PSO Council wish to express their disappointment at not
> having the involvement of one of the ICANN staff in our second GA, and strongly
> encourage you to make plans for a staff member to attend next year's GA.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
>  Steve Bellovin              IETF Representative
>  Fabio Bigi                      ITU Representative
>  Leslie Daigle                IETF Representative
>  Philipp Hoschka          W3C Representative
>  Azucena Hernandez  ETSI Representative
>  Gerry Lawrence           ETSI Representative
>  Brian Moore                  ITU Representative
>  Daniel Weitzner           W3C Representative

> Kind regards,
>
> Gerry
İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİ