Re: RFC6265bis status

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 08:22:18 +0200 (CEST)
To: Jim Manico <jim@manicode.com>
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, Jim Manico wrote:

> If I may, why not allow multiple cookies per domain with the •same name• but
> different values? This is already the case with request parameters in order
> to support multi-select lists, why not cookies for similar use cases?

Note that these cookies I showed were set by the exact same domain and path,
only with different domain properties (and only the leading dot changed) - so
clearly Chrome and Firefox agree on how to deal with them while Edge and
Safari have their own ideas. I don't see how them having different values
would make anything different.

Multiple cookies could always be set for different paths on the same domain
without problems.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se