RFC6265bis status

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 13:21:20 +1100
Cc: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>, Mike West <mkwst@google.com>
So far, we've adopted the following draft proposals for changing the Cookie specification:

- Leave Secure Cookies Alone
- Cookie Prefixes
- Same-Site Cookies

In Berlin, we discussed "Cookie Priorities" and "EAT Cookies"; in that room, there was only support for adopting the latter.

Therefore, absent any pushback on the list (now is your opportunity!), we'll consider <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-http-omnomnom> as adopted for the RFC6265bis effort.

As discussed in Berlin, that doesn't mean that the draft will appear in the final work product verbatim (as with all of the draft proposals); only that it's in-scope for discussion.

It seems like we're at a point where we can start incorporating the draft proposals into a complete document, so that we can see how it works as a whole, identify any remaining issues, and discuss them (along with the outstanding ones; see <https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A6265bis>).

Mike West has graciously agreed to edit the document, and should soon be publishing a -00 draft with minimal changes from 6265 as a starting point for further work.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/