Re: New Version Notification for draft-kerwin-http2-encoded-data-01.txt

That is what the END_SEGMENT flag *was*, except without the overhead. Ah
well.

Unless the extensions are deployed along with the first versions of HTTP2,
it seems unlikely, given a requirement all intermediaries to understand a
new extension, that an extension will survive transit through any generic
intermediary. Intermediaries (that aren't controlled by the origin server
or client) almost always upgrade more slowly than everything else.