Re: New Version Notification for draft-kerwin-http2-encoded-data-01.txt

From: Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:30:05 +1000
To: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Cc: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 23/07/2014, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, it is an issue, so long as there is no ordering requirement on
> extension frames (as we'd have had with END_SEGMENT).
>
> We've not imposed (actually removed) such restrictions on proxies, and so
> we may find that there is no way to do it in the future. That would be a
> sad day.

Not entirely sure I follow. Extension frames are support-or-discard,
yeah? So what proxy is going to understand the frames well enough to
fragment them, but not enough to realise reordering is bad?

I do see the earlier point about fragemntation, though. Maybe it would
be better to include a "do not coalesce across this boundary" marker
that's more than just the frame boundary.

--
  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/