Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-http2-encryption-02.txt

From: Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:45:40 -0800
To: William Chan (陈智昌) <willchan@chromium.org>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM, William Chan (陈智昌)
<willchan@chromium.org>wrote:

> Me speaking as a Chromium project representative here:
> We talked about this internally amongst Chromium project members, and
> the *current consensus* opinion is that Chromium does not support
> opportunistic encryption, nor would we implement it were such a
> mechanism standardized (I'm assuming no one's proposing mandatory to
> implement...the draft does not appear to do so).

Just to try again to get clarity: do you not support any type of
opportunistic encryption, or just the type given in this draft? Others have
proposed other methods, such as my "do it in HTTP/2 itself". I can
interpret your message both ways.

--Paul Hoffman