Re: What will incentivize deployment of explicit proxies?

On 6 December 2013 14:42, Yoav Nir <synp71@live.com> wrote:
> In this case, I disagree with Martin. This is not a problem that we can
> avoid externalizing. Deciding whether a particular proxy is acceptable to
> the user of a browser requires information that we don't have. We don't have
> it at the IETF, and we don't have it where browsers are developed.

I never said that externalities weren't possible, and I don't think
that Will did either.  The key here is that we cannot afford to ask
complex, obtuse, confusing, misleading, or otherwise bad questions of
users.

It may be that we do have to ask the user something, or maybe we have
to inform them of something, but whatever that is, it has to meet a
much higher bar for clarity than I think some people are suggesting
(not everyone).

I haven't seen a UX proposal thus far that I've been satisfied with,
but then, none of them appear to be properly serious attempts, more
like ideas thrown out in the spirit of furthering the ongoing
discussion, which I think is fine, so - as may have noticed - I
haven't objected to them.