Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-09.txt

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:06:45 -0800
To: Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusvaara@elisanet.fi>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 5 December 2013 08:04, Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com> wrote:
> Keep in mind that for POST and PUT, servers should not send successful status codes (2xx) until the client has provided all of the message body for the request.

Should not?  I disagree.  If the response does not depend on the rest
of the body, it's safe to send the response.

In HTTP/1.1, that might be inadvisable due to the bugs you describe.
However, in HTTP/2.0 a client can take the response, cancel the stream
and save the bytes without hurting anything else.