Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-09.txt

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 12:11:24PM -0800, Martin Thomson wrote:
> Yes, we apologize for the delay in getting this all ready, but it's out now.
>
>  - We've expanded the text on 1xx

Is that text on 1xx (specifically on translation behaviour) in accordance
with HTTP/1.1 specs?

Also, If HTTP/1.1 (only!) client tries to do large streaming PUT/POST
to possibly auth'd URL, and there is a proxy that does that sort of
games, things just plain are going to fail.

Also, large streaming PUT/POST to possibly auth'd URL can't be done
without expect-100 nor resorting to heuristic timeouts (framing
will not help here, apart from being able to send your buffers while
waiting, and with any sort of faster link, those buffers are going
to run out, forcing transfer pause).

The problem is that there is a point of no return in such thing,
once past that, any error causes a failure without application being
to able to adjust the request (e.g. by adding authentication).

In HTTP/1.1, such app would presumably use zero buffers, so point
of no return is actually starting to send the data.

-Ilari