Re: Call for Proposals re: #314 HTTP2 and http:// URIs on the "open" internet

From: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:57:34 -0800
To: James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
How about:
HTTPS schemed URLs MUST be sent on an authenticated TLS channel.
HTTP schemed URLs MAY be sent as unencrypted HTTP2 plaintext, or may be
sent over a TLS channel.

If a server does not wish to handle HTTP schemed URLs over a TLS channel,
it MUST reject these requests with a RST_STREAM or GOAWAY with an error
code that indicates that the server does not support HTTP schemed URLs on
port 443.
-=R