Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-snell-httpbis-keynego-01.txt

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 01:13:45PM -0800, James M Snell wrote:
> At Mark's urging, I've posted a significantly updated draft of the
> "in-session key negotiation" draft that I had published last year.
> Please treat this as purely experimental at this point. I am not
> pushing this as a proposal just yet, just offering it up as one
> possible approach to providing message-level security as opposed to
> transport-level security.
>
> As always, feedback is welcomed and requested.

First the trivial:

Considering the importance of id header, should it be marked as
HTTP/2 internal header (:id)?

And then what makes me bit nervous:

What about proxy doing things like:
- Changing the protected payload. Including a MAC will prevent this.
- Changing the order or replaying protected payload segments. Adding
  sequence number or nonce to MAC will prevent this.
- Changing the stream of protected payload segments. No idea how to
  protect against this. Stream number would have to be included, but
  server's and client's views differ.

Those may or may not matter, depending on the application.

-Ilari