Re: TLS at transport level vs stream multiplexing and aggregation (http "routers")

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 02:30:03PM -0800, Roberto Peon wrote:
> Sounds like an interesting experiment (as Mike already said, we considered
> this way back when).

yes, and it's already more or less what's done with WebSocket if my
memory serves me right, as the masking is per message and I believe
per channel when mux is used.

I would personally like to see encryption used only on what *needs*
to be encrypted so that "routing" HTTP doesn't require decrypting
for most standard cases. We're not there yet...

Willy