Re: Pervasive encryption: Pro and contra

Le Dim 17 novembre 2013 09:45, Robert Collins a écrit :
> C5.2 It’s unethical to insert encryption into people’s connections
> without their consent.
> This has an inverse:
> P3 : It's unethical to have presumed-private conversations not be
>
> Arguably to P1 (protection) : this is about expectations of users.

User expectations are broken right and left by websites. The url claims
they access a particular entity but in fact half the web site is
constructed from stuff hosted elsewhere, usually for plugging in as many
paying data collection schemes as possible.

3 out of 4 times one of our users requests his access logs his immediate
and horrified response is "but I didn't go there!" (and of the remaining
25% percent most don't answer so I have no idea of what they think of
their logs)

--
Nicolas Mailhot