Re: A proposal

This proposal doesn't change that assumption.  It just says that if you see
http:// that means http/1.x. If you see https, that means TLS with either
http/1.x or 2.0. You only get plain text http/2 if you use the new scheme.
That ought to sufficiently make plain text http/2 largely undependable on
the broader Web,  while still allowing those who really want it a means of
doing so.

If someone wants to use a response header or DNS or whatever to advertise
that they support plaintext http/2, then they may do so.  But that's an
orthogonal issue.