Re: HTTP 2.0 mandatory security vs. Amateur Radio

There is a means of opting out, however, which exists and is widely
deployed: http1

There was near unanimity at the plenary that we should do something about
pervasive monitoring, and while I don't believe that there were any
actuonable , unambiguous dieectuves , the spirit of the room was quite
clear. The IETF intends to attempt to do something about this.

Even were that not the case, websites are changing to https for various
other reasons, and under Mark's proposed option C, http2 would be for those
URLs while http1 would be used for URLs with an http scheme.

Your larger problem is not that http2 will do encryption, but rather that
sites are choosing to use https. No protocol change or spec change can
protect the HAM community from that sea-change.

-=R